Workshops and Programming

In Rhode Island, a Pesticide License is required to use General Use Pesticides (GUP) commercially. Most pesticides used in landscaping: such as weed and feed products and insecticides for grub and insect control are GUP’s as well as most household and mosquito control products. In order to use Restricted Use Pesticides (RUP), applicators will need a Pesticide Certification in specific categories of use such as Termite, Right-of-Way, or Farming. URI Pesticide Safety Exam Preparation Class prepares students for the RI Department of Environmental Management’s license exam and is now available via zoom on a monthly basis. To learn more or register for an upcoming class, visit: []