This page is under construction. Please refer to RI DMV Farm Plate Requirements for up to date requirements.
The RI DMV takes applications for Farm Plates at the Cranston DMV only.
Application for Farm Plates
Requirements for Farm Plates:
1. Farm tax exempt letter from the Rhode Island Division of Taxation.
2. Bill(s) of Sale.
3. Completed tax exemption form.
4. Photos of vehicle: front, side, rear, and interior.
5. Complete Application for Registration and Title Certificate (TR-1) form.
– Vehicles may only be registered in accordance with the entity/entities listed on the farm tax exempt certificate.
6. Requirement checklist approval by the DMV’s Enforcement Office.