Skip to content
- Produce Safety Rule (FSMA) Adoption – The Regulation is in a 30-day public comment period (ending January 28, 2019) where interested stakeholders can comment on the promulgation of this regulation.
- PSR is a Federal Rule.
- States do not have the ability to change it.
- It must be incorporated into state regs.
- By simple adoption. Adoption by referencing the Federal Rule means any changes made on a Federal Level are automatically mirrored on the State Level.
- Until adopted at state level, FDA is the lead.
- Final Step is to establish DEM authority of the rule.
- Needs to be done by 2019.